The hours in the day are never long enough for the stress-inducing demand of traffic jams, meetings, or toddler tantrums. And at some point, it might seem like there’s nothing you can do about your elevated levels of stress. But, after taking a deep breath, you might begin to realize that you have more control than you previously thought. In fact, managing stress is all about taking initiative: of your lifestyle, thoughts, and the way you confront challenges. No matter how stressful your life may seem, there are simple steps to relieve the pressure and easily manage stress.
Here are three steps for stress relief, as follows:
1. Come to Amigo’s
2. Come to Amigo’s
3. Come to Amigo’s
Take a few minutes to unwind, come to Amigo's, and solve this Amigo Mexican Restaurant themed crossword puzzle (with a margarita in-hand, of course) to reduce your stress today!
How well do you know Mexican food? Maybe not as well as you once thought. Here are 5 facts about Mexican food that just might surprise you!
Fact #1 Tortillas used to be canned.
Yes, you read that right. Store-bought tortillas were most commonly found in the canned food aisle! While these nonperishables were once stocked on the shelves, this Mexican food phenomenon is no longer found in stores.
Fact #2 Not All Mexican Food Is Spicy.
As a prevalent ingredient in most Mexican dishes, the chili pepper does not always mean every dish is hot. Some Mexican dishes, for example, dance with sweet, savory notes. I mean come on, have you tried our Traditional Corn Tamale?
Fact #3 Mexican Food is HEALTHY!
Mexican food is actually a healthy choice, despite its carb-filled reputation. It combines the perfect blend of food groups and natural feel-good nutrients, which release endorphins that make us feel happy. Finally you can enjoy the low fat, low calorie flavors of Amigo’s without all the guilt.
Fact #4 Most of our favorite foods come from Mexico.
Did you know that Mexico has provided many of the world’s favorite foods? These ingredients include beans, avocados, chili peppers, corn, tomatoes, the cacao and vanilla bean. What would the word be like without chocolate or vanilla? Sad, just sad.
Fact #5 The first meal of the day is always sweet.
Okay, maybe not a fact but more of an opinion, we strongly believe that dessert should never be overlooked. Fact: It is common in Mexican culture for churros to be served up for breakfast. At Amigo Mexican Restaurant, we serve up a plate of warm, deep-fried pastries drizzled with a sugary, sweet, chocolate sauce and a side of ice cream. Talk about the breakfast of champions!
So, what do margaritas and tortilla chips have in common? Aside from being a delicious gift from the Heavens…. Yep, you guessed it – SALT! Not only that, but they also share the same National Food & Drink Week – this week! (All the more reason to eat at Amigo’s, right??!) In homage of this Mexican, flavor-filled week, here are 5 reasons to come to Amigo Mexican Restaurant looking for your lost shaker of salt.
1. Two for One Margs. To share or not to share? You decide. Get two margaritas for the price of one during happy hour, everyday. Flavored, traditional, frozen, or on the rocks, you can’t go beat an Amigo’s margarita. Call your favorite location for specific times and prices.
2. All the Dips. Consider the tortilla chip your edible spoon for delicious, freshly prepared dips. We’re talkin’ guac, queso, bean, spinach, and Amigo dip! Heck, order all 5 and double dip, we’re not judging.
3. Salt = Healthy. Studies have shown that an adequate amount of sodium actually encourages a healthy weight and fast metabolism. With that said, bring on the bottomless chips! And can we get an amen for the extra salt rimmed margarita?! Amen.
4. On a Budget? No Problem. There’s no denying that everyone needs authentic Mexican and Tex-Mex in their life (cough... a couple of times a week, at minimum). We can also agree that there’s no need in spending a fortune to enjoy it either. Join us for a budget-friendly fiesta today!
5. Make it an Amigo Fiesta! Bring a friend and stop in for some gooey queso goodness, kickin’ margaritas, warm tortillas, fresh chips and salsa, and authentic Mexican food that can’t be beat.