Holidays are all about spreading cheer, right? What better way than with our creamy, zesty, and citrusy guac! With over 25 crowd-pleasing entrées featuring our fresh, finger-licking guacamole, here are 7 Amigo Mexican Restaurant top-guac sellers you need to order.
And speaking of guacamole… don’t forget to sign up for our "Guac Around The Christmas Tree" Contest. Enter now for your chance to win a Holiday Mexican Fiesta for 2 that includes chips and salsa, 2 entrees, 2 non-alcoholic beverages, 1 dessert, and guacamole, of course! To enter, click here. Good luck, amigos and Happy Holidays!
What Makes a Salad a "Salad"?
If you're on a diet, Mexican food may seem definitely off menu – however, you don't have to give it up! It's all in the fresh ingredients, as salads come in all shapes, sizes, and flavors! Let's start with the basics: greens, fruits, veggies, and toppings. With the majority of salads, lettuce is used as the base ingredient, however, these leafy layers do not wholly define what it means to be "salad." Here are 8 Summer "Salads" that defy the salad standard.
TACO SALAD A fried flour tortilla bowl filled with ground beef, refried beans, lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole and tomatoes.
ENSALADA FRESCA Fresh romaine hearts topped with your choice of meat, fresh onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, two slices of avocado and shredded white cheese. Served with your choice of Grilled Chicken, Grilled Steak, Grilled Shrimp, and dressing.
AMIGO SALAD A fried flour tortilla bowl filled with layers of rice, lettuce and your choice of meat. Covered with grilled onions, bell peppers and mushrooms, topped with our famous white cheese sauce. Served with your choice of Grilled Chicken, Grilled Carnitas, Grilled Steak, Grilled Shrimp, Texas-Style Chicken, or Steak and Shrimp.
TACOS FLACOS A healthier take on our traditional-style tacos. Three lettuce wraps are filled with strips of grilled steak or chicken, topped with fresh cilantro and onions. Served with your choice of Grilled Chicken or Grilled Steak and a side of salsa verde.
DE LA CASA SALAD Fresh romaine hearts topped with Amigo’s homemade avocado sauce, sour cream and tomatoes.
LA TAPATIA Your choice of meat sautéed with zucchini, onions, mushrooms and soy sauce topped with our delicious white cheese sauce. Served with rice and three flour tortillas. Garnished with lettuce, sour cream and mango pineapple sauce to give it the final touch. Served with your choice of Grilled Chicken, Grilled Carnitas, Grilled Steak, Grilled Shrimp.
CRISPY CHICKEN SALAD Fresh romaine hearts topped with premium crispy chicken, fresh onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, two slices of avocado and shredded white cheese. Served with your choice of dressing.
TOSSED SALAD Fresh romaine hearts topped with fresh bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and shredded cheese.
And technically, you can make anything a salad, right? As long your Amigo entrée is accompanied with our Guacamole Salad, or Sour Cream Salad, including fresh lettuce, and tomatoes. (Nachos, Burritos, and and Enchiladas, we're talking to you!)
So, what's your definition of a salad? What you choose to make a salad out of it 100% up to you!
So, what do margaritas and tortilla chips have in common? Aside from being a delicious gift from the Heavens…. Yep, you guessed it – SALT! Not only that, but they also share the same National Food & Drink Week – this week! (All the more reason to eat at Amigo’s, right??!) In homage of this Mexican, flavor-filled week, here are 5 reasons to come to Amigo Mexican Restaurant looking for your lost shaker of salt.
1. Two for One Margs. To share or not to share? You decide. Get two margaritas for the price of one during happy hour, everyday. Flavored, traditional, frozen, or on the rocks, you can’t go beat an Amigo’s margarita. Call your favorite location for specific times and prices.
2. All the Dips. Consider the tortilla chip your edible spoon for delicious, freshly prepared dips. We’re talkin’ guac, queso, bean, spinach, and Amigo dip! Heck, order all 5 and double dip, we’re not judging.
3. Salt = Healthy. Studies have shown that an adequate amount of sodium actually encourages a healthy weight and fast metabolism. With that said, bring on the bottomless chips! And can we get an amen for the extra salt rimmed margarita?! Amen.
4. On a Budget? No Problem. There’s no denying that everyone needs authentic Mexican and Tex-Mex in their life (cough... a couple of times a week, at minimum). We can also agree that there’s no need in spending a fortune to enjoy it either. Join us for a budget-friendly fiesta today!
5. Make it an Amigo Fiesta! Bring a friend and stop in for some gooey queso goodness, kickin’ margaritas, warm tortillas, fresh chips and salsa, and authentic Mexican food that can’t be beat.